- 1300 gr bread flour (100%)
- 810 gr water (62%)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 14 gr salt (1%)
1. (Tue 23:00) Mix 200 gr leaven (50/50 flour,water) with 300 g bread flour and 300 g water.
Keep 200 g and store for next batch, let remaining 600 g to rise overnight.
2. (Wed 09:00) Add to the active mixture 400 g flour and 400 g water.
leave to rise.
3. (Wed 15:00) Starter mixture is very active now.
Add 600 gr flour, 110 gr water, 14 gr salt, 3 tablespoons olive oil. Mix in the bowl, turn out on table and knead for 10 strokes.
Cover with the bowl and leave to rest on the table for 10 minutes.
4. (Wed 15:15) knead again for 10 strokes and leave to rest for another 10 minutes.
5. (Wed 15:30) Knead again for 10 strokes and leave to rise for 25 minutes.
6.(Wed 16:00) Turn out on an oiled surface, stretch out in the form of a rectangle and fold in 3 layers. Leave to rise for 25 minutes.
7. (Wed 16:30) Turn out on an oiled surface, strecht out in the form of a rectangle and fold in 3 layers.
leave to rise for 1h or until doubled in size.
8. (Wed 18:30) turn out on a table and form into 2 loaves, not deflating too much. leave to rise.
9. (Wed 19:30) bake for 33 minutes in an oven of 220 C.
10. (Thu 08:00)
– kneading & stretching described in : The handmade loaf, Contemporary european recipes for the home baker. Dan Lepard. Octopus Publishing 2004