Wholemeal organic rolls and bread.
- 200 sourdough starter (100 g flour, 100 g water)
- 300 g white bread flour.
- 900 g organic wholemeal flour finely ground (T150)
- 700 g water
- 2 teaspoons salt
1. Re-activate the sourdough by adding 300g white bread flour and 300g water. Mix to a smooth batter.
Keep 200g for next time.
Leave to activate for about 6 hours (only 4 in this case).
2. Add 400g wholemeal flour and 400g water.
Mix again and leave to rise for about 4 hours.
3. Add the remaining 500g flour and salt.
Mix in the bowl add water as needed, the result should be a faily sticky dough. Turn out on a work surface and knead for about “15 strokes”. Cover with the bowl and leave to rest for 10 minutes.
4. Knead again for “15 strokes”, result should now be a smooth dough. If still too sticky repeat rest-knead cycle once again.
Leave to rise for 1 to 2 hours.
5. Turn out the dough.
Form into rolls or loaves.
Leave to rise for 1 hour or till doubled in size.
6. Bake in a pre-heated oven at 220 C; 22 minutes for rolls, 33 minutes for loaves.