Bread with 3 types of flour. The recipe is similar to “My Favorite Bread” from “The Baking Book” by Linda Collister & Anthony Blake. The recipe in the book suggests coarse ground flour, this one was made using fine ground. Rye and wholemeal were organic flours.
- 350 g white bread flour
- 170 g organic wholemeal bread flour
- 170g organic rye flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 30 g yeast
- 430 g water
1. Mix the three flours with the salt in a bowl.
Make a well in the flour, add some of the water, crumble the yeast in the water. Draw a little four in the mixture and mix to a smooth batter.
Sprinkle some flour over the batter and leave to rise/foam for 20 minutes.
2. Mix remaining water and all of the flour to a rather firm dough without any dry patches.
Turn out on a work surface and knead for about 5 minutes. Return to the cleaned and greased bowl (use f.i. olive oil). Turn the dough around to coat it with the oil.
Leave to rise for 1 to 1 1/2 hour.
3. When the dough is about doubled in size, form into a loaf. Put on a greased (or floured) baking tray and leave to rise for 1 hour.
4. Bake for 40 minutes in a pre-heated oven at 220 C.