Soft rolls with soft pastry wholemeal flour and some rye.
- 200 g soft wholemeal pastry flour
- 300 g bread flour
- 2 (well filled) tablespoons rye flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 20 g yeast
- 300 g water
1. Mix the flours with the salt in a bowl.
Crumble the yeast with some of the flour and add most of the water. Mix till a soft dough without any dry patches. If needed add remaining/extra water. Turn out on work surface.
Knead for 5 minutes, until a smooth ball.
Return to a greased boiled and turn the dough around to cover it with some of the oil.
Leave to rise for 40 minutes.
2. Turn out the dough on a work surface (no need to flour if the dough is lightly oiled).
Split into 12 equal parts. Form into balls and put on a greased tin (cake like tin here).
Leave to rise for 50 minutes to an hour (depends on temperature ingredients, kitchen).
3. Rolls sould be about double in size now.
Bake in a preheated oven at 220 C for about 22 minutes, or till golden brown..