Dark rye bread.
- 300 g wholemeal rye (coarse)
- 200 g bread flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 20 g yeast
- 320 g water
- 1 tablespoon honey
- some olive oil
1. Mix the flours and the salt in a bowl.
Crumble the yeast in the flour, add the water and honey and mix. the dough is rahter stiff.
Turn out on a work surface and knead for 3 minutes. Form into a ball and return to the lightly greased bowl.
Leave to rise for 40 minutes, dough will not double in size.
2. Turn out the dough on a floured surface.
Form into a ball and put in a greased tin (2/3 full).
Leave to rise for +- 1 hour.
3. Bake in a pre-heated oven at 190 C for about 40 minutes.
4. Turn out on a wire rack and leave to cool.