Rolls with sun-dried tomatoes and parmigiano cheese.(13 in total)
- 500 g white bread flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 20 g yeast
- 20 g olive oil
- 340 g water
- 50g sun dried tomatoes
- 100 g parmigiano cheese, grated
1. Mix flour and salt in a bowl. Crumble the yeast in the flour. Add most of the water and the olive oil. Start mixing; add the remaining water as needed to have a soft dough. Turn out on work surface and knead for 4-5 minutes. Return to the cleaned and lightly grease bowl.
leave to rise for about 40 minutes.
2. While the dough is rising: cover the dried tomatoes with some boiling water and leave to soak for about 30 minutes.
3. Drain the tomatoes and chop roughly. Turn out the dough on an oiled surface. Stretch the dough into a rectangle. Spread the tomatoes over the dough, do the same with the cheese. Roll or fold the dough rectangle into a ball (do not knead).
Cut of pieces 50-60g each and form them into a ball. Avoid too much tomato parts on the outside. Put on a greased tin. Leave to rise for another 50 minutes or until doubled in size.
3. Glaze the rolls with some water.
Bake in a preheated oven at 210 C for about 22 minutes.
Leave to cool on a wire rack.