Simple wholemeal & rye rolls (35).
- 300g organic soft wholemeal flour (pastry type)
- 700g bread flour
- 100g organic wholemeal rye (T130)
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 42g yeast
- about 650g water
1. Mix flours with the salt in bowl. Crumble the yeast in some of the flour, add most of the water and mix. Dough isnot to sticky, rather firm. Add water as you need if the result is dry.
Turn out on work surface and knead for about 3 minutes.
Form into a smooth ball and leave to rise for 40 minutes.
2. When dough is well risen, turn out on a floured working surface.
Make small balls, around 40g each. Put on a greased tin (or two).
Glaze each ball with some milk, and sift some flour on top.
Leave to rise for 1 hour.
3. Bake in a preheated oven at 210 C for about 21 minutes or light brown. Leave to cool on a wire rack. If you prefer a soft crust cover them witha dry teatowel after 5 minutes.