White bread from a sourdough starter.
- 200 g sourdough starter
- 1400 g white bread flour
- 900g water
- 2 teaspoons salt
1. Re-activate the sourdough starter by adding 300g water and 300 flour. Keep 200g of the mixture for later use. Leave the main part to rise overnight (22:00 – 07:00).
2. Add 400g flour and 400g water to the mixture.
And leave to rise during the day (07:00 18:00).
3.batter sloud be very active by now.
Add the remaining flour (700g) and salt; add 100g water and start to mix to a soft sticky dough.
Add the additional water if needed. Turn out the dough and leave to rest for 10 minutes.
4. Knead for 1-2 minutes. Use some olive oil on hands and working surface if the dough is too sticky to handle. leave to rest for another 10 minutes.
5. Knead again for 1-2 minutes. Form into a ball and leave to rise for 2 hours.
6. Turn out the dough, divide into 2 equal parts.
Form into loaves and leave to rise for 1 hour.
7. Bake in a pre-heated oven 220C for about 40 minutes or until brown.