- 500 g white bread flour
- 25 g g caster sugar
- 25 g light brown sugar or cane sugar
- half teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 20 g yeast
- 350g milk
- 1 egg yolk
- 50 g unsalted butter diced
- 1 egg white only
1. Combine flour, both sugars, cinnamon and the salt in a bowl. Crumble the yeast in the flour and add most of the milk.
Start mixing both to a firm non sticky dough, add the remaining milk if necessary. Turn out the dough and knead for about 2 minutes until smooth.
Squeeze and knead the butter into to the dough. The dough is able to absorb all this and will become again a smooth somewhat softer dough. Forgot to add the cinnamon with the flour so did this here.
Leave to rise for about 1 hour until doubled in size.
2. Turn out the dough and form into balls about 60g each. Put them on a greased tray well spaced apart.
Leave to rise for 1 hour.
3. Press your thumb into the middle of each bun and glaze them (twice) with the egg white.
Bake in a pre heated oven at 210 C for about 20 minutes or until brown.
Leave to cool on a wire rack.