Simple light brown bread.
- 350 g white bread flour
- 350 g wholemeal bread flour
- 100 g barley flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt (12 g)
- 20 g yeast
- 450 g water
1. Mix the flours with the salt. Crumble the yeast in the flour. Add most of the water. Start mixing the dough, incorporating more and more of the flour. Dough was firm and not too sticky. turn out on work surface.
Knead for 3 minutes.
Leave to rest for 15 minutes.
2. Stretch the dough into a rectangle.
Fold the rectangle in three (like a letter).
Fold the long rectangle in two.
Leave to rise for 50 minutes.
3. Form into 2 loaves and leave to rise for 1 hour.
4. Bake in a preheated oven at 220 C for about 35 minutes. Leave to cool on a wire rack.