Bread with 4 grains, in fact empty 3 leftovers and some additional white bread flour.
- 200 g wholemeal flour finely grained
- 200 g barley flour
- 200 g italian pastry flour Tipo 00
- 200g white bread flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 20 g yeast
- 250 g milk
- 250 g water.
1. Mix al flours and the salt. Crumble the yeast in the flour. Add the milk and half of the water. Start mixing the flour with the liquid part.
Add the remaining water. End result is a fairly stiff dough not too sticky.
Turn out on work surface and knead for 2 – 3 minutes.
Leave to rise for an hour.
2. Turn out on a floured work surface.
Form into a (big) loaf. Put on a greased tin and leave to rise for another hour.
3. Bake in a preheated oven at 200 C for 30 minutes.
Leave to cool on a wire rack.
Two smaller loaves would have been more practical.