- 250 g butter
- 200 g dark decent chocolate (like this one or you could also use their recipe it about doubles the chocolate content)
- 4 large eggs
- 330 g caster sugar
- 175 g plain flour
- pinch of salt
- ( 200 g walnuts)
1. Start preheating the oven at 170 C (takes 15 minutes). Line a rectangular (or square) tin with parchment (my tin 22 by 29).
2. Melt the butter and chocolate in a heavy based pan on low heat.
Stir frequently. When nearly all is melted take away form heat and leave to cool. Continue stirring ocassionaly.
3. In a bowl beat the egss and sugar until pale (ruban).
4. Pour (little by little) the chocolate mixture on the eggs and fold in.
5. Add the salt to the flour. Sift the flour into the chocolate-egg mixture and fold in while sifting. Add the walnuts if using.
6. Pour in the lined pan. Bake for about 35 minutes. Check: top should be pale brown interior still dark and gooey.