Rye bread with some honey and yogurt.
- 300 g wholemeal rye
- 700 g white bread flour
- 2 teaspoons salt (18 g)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 125 g yoghurt
- 40 g yeast
- 500g water
1. Put flours, salt and honey in a bowl.
Add the yoghurt.
Mix the flours and salt, before crumbling in the yeast. Add the water and mix by hand to a sticky/wet dough.
Leave to rest in the bowl for 10 minutes.
2. Turn the dough out on work surface and knead for 30 sec to a minute. Form into a ball and leave to rest -covered with the bowl- for another 10 minutes.
3. Knead again for 30 seconds to a minute and form in a -probably- smooth ball. Return to the cleaned bowl.
Leave to rise for 40 minutes to an hour until well risen.
4. Turn out the dough on a floured surface.
Divide into 2 parts and form into round loaves. Put on a greased baking tin.
Leave to rise for 50 minutes to an hour.
5. Bake in a preheated at 200C for about 35 – 45 minutes. Tap underneath to check if done.
Leave to cool on a wire rack.