- 200 g starter (half water, half flour)
- 300 g white bread flour
- 500 g wholemeal flour
- about 500 g water
- 1 teaspoon salt
1. Initial starter: Reactivate the starter by adding 300g water and 300g white flour.
Mix well with a spoon to incorporate enough air. Reserve 200g for future use (in the fridge). Leave remaining to rest/rise for about 6 hours.
2. Starter very active at this stage.
Add the 500g wholemeal flour and the salt. Add enough water to form a sticky dough. Turn out the dough on a work surface, knead for about 3-5 minutes till smooth. Form into a ball.
Leave to rise for about 3 hours
3. Turn out the risen dough.
Form into small rolls about 50 g each.
Put on a greased baking tin. Leave to rise until doubled in size (about 90 minutes).
4. Bake in a preheated oven at 210 C for 22 minutes. Leave the rolls to cool on a wire rack.