Simple rye bread.
- 500 g white bread flour
- 300 g wholemeal rye flour (coarsely milled)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 20 g fresh yeast
- 150 g yogurt
- 40 g olive oil
- 450 g water
1. Mix flours and salt in a large bowl. Crumble the yeast with some of the flour.
Add the olive oil and most of the water.
Start mixing the flour and liquid. Add additional water if the dough is too dry. Adding all the water here gave a very wet dough.
Turn out on work surface and knead/slap for 1 minute.
Leave to rest for 10 minutes.
2. Spread some olive oil on the working surface and knead the dough again for 3 minutes.
Leave to rest for a second 10 minutes.
3. Repeat previous step now able to form the dough in a somewhat smooth ball.
Leave to rise in a bowl for 1 hour.
2. Form into two loafs and put on a greased baking tin.
Leave to rise for 1 hour.
3. Bake in a preheated oven at 220 C for 33 minutes.
Leave to cool on a wire rack.