- 200 g sourdough starter (100g flour, 100g water)
- 300 g white bread flour
- 300 g water
- 500 g organic wholemeal T150
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 150 g water
- 40 g lard
1.Initial starter: Reactivate the starter by adding 300g water and 300 g flour.
Mix well with a spoon to incorporate enough air. Reserve 200g for future use (in the fridge). Leave remaining to rest/rise for about 8 hours (9 AM – 6 PM).
2. Starter batter very active by now.
Mix the additional bread flour, salt, lard and starter in a large bowl. Add most of the water and start mixing the flour and liquid by hand. Add additional water if the dough is too dry.
Turn out on work surface
and knead for 3-4 minutes.
Leave to rise for 2 hours.
3. Turn out on work surface.
Form into small balls and put on a greased baking tin.
Leave to rise for 2 hour.
4. Bake in a preheated oven at 200 C for 22 minutes.
Leave to cool on a wire rack.