Three flour bread. Rising should have been somewhat longer, but not enough time left.
- 500 g white bread flour
- 200 g wholemeal flour (T150)
- 100 g wholemeal rye flour
- 1 -heaped- teaspoon salt
- 40g butter
- 20 g yeast
- 500 g water
1. Mix the flours in a large bowl, add the salt.
Rub in the butter. Crumble the yeast with some of the flour. Add most of the water and start mixing. Add additional water if the dough remains too dry. Turn out on work surface and knead for 3 minutes.
Leave to rise for about 40 minutes.
2. Turn out on a floured surface
and divide into 2 equal parts. Form each part into a loaf. Leave to rise -seam side up- on a floured cloth for 45 minutes.
3. Start heating the oven (220 C takes +- 15 minutes).
Turn the loaves on a greased baking tin.
Would have been easier if each loaf had its own cloth.
4. Slash the loaves
and bake for 33 minutes at 220 C.
Leave on a wire rack to cool.