Rolled oats and apple bread after a recipe from Dan Lepard. About doubled each of the ingredients.
- 100g rolled oats
- 200g boiling water
- 500 g white bread flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- a grated apple
- 100 g leaven (used half of a stored soudough starter)
- 150 g water
1. Put the rolled oats in a small bowl and cover with the boiling water. Leave for 5 to 10 minutes.
2. Mix flour and salt in a bowl. Add the grated apple, leaven, and oats. Changed a bit the order compared to the original recipe.
Start mixing while adding the water until a soft, sticky dough. The amount of water needed will probably vary with the type of oats used.
Leave in the bowl to rest for 10 minutes before kneading.
3. Spread 1 teaspoon of oil on the work surface (and your hands), turn out the dough an knead for 12 ‘strokes’ or some 20 sec.
Leave to rest for 10 mnutes.
4. Repeat step 3. The dough should know come togther to a smooth ball. If not repeat the knead rest cycle once again.
Leave to rise for 1 hour.
5. Turn out on a lightly floured surface and form the dough into 2 loaves.
Leave to rise for 1 hour or until doubled in size.
6. Bake in a preheated oven at 210 C for about 33 minutes.
Leave to cool on a wire rack.