Rolls based on the recipe Parisian Daily Bread from “a year in bread“. The complete recipe can be found here. What follows is probably about the same.
Read through the recipe and followed along these lines. End result is transformed in individual rolls.
– 550 g white bread flour
– 1 teaspoon salt
– 20 g fresh yeast
– 340 g water (bit odd difference in weight and volume of the water in the recipe)
1. Mix the flour and the salt in a large bowl, add the water and the yeast;
and mix to a “dry, clumpy dough”.
Cover and leave to the dough to develop for 20 minutes.
2. Turn out the dough on a floured surface,and knead for 10 minutes. The end result should be smooth and springy dough.
Return to the cleaned bowl and leave to rise for 45 minutes.
3. Turn out the dough an a floured surface
and pat into a rectangle. Fold the rectangle like a business letter.
Return to the bowl for another rise of 45 minutes to an hour.
4. Dough should be about doubled in size. Turn out and flatten.
Divide, here in 12 pieces to make rolls.
Leave the rolls to rise for another 45 minutes.
5. Bake in a preheated oven at 220 C for about 20 minutes.
Leave to cool on a wire rack.