- 200g starter (50% water, 50% flour)
- 300 g white bread flour
- 300 g water
- 400 g white bread flour
- 400 g water
- 300 g wholemeal flour
- 200 g white bread flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
1. Mix 200 g starter (50/50 flour,water) with 300 gr bread flour and 300 gr water.
Take out 200 g starter and store for future use. Leave to become active overnight (+- 8 h).
2. Add 300 g flour and 300 g water to the active starter.
Mix well. Leave to rise for another 8 h.
3. Add the final batch of flours and the salt.
Mix to a soft sticky dough. If needed add some water. Leave to rest for 10 minutes.
4. Knead for 1 minute on a greased surface.
Leave to rest for 10 minutes.
5. Repeat step 4. Leave to rest for 20 minutes now.
6. Turn out on a floured surface and stretch into a rectangle.
Fold the rectangle like a letter.
Leave to rest for 20 minutes.
7. Repeat step 6. Leave to rise for 2 hours now.
8. Turn out and form into 2 loaves.
Leave to rise for 2 hours.
9. Bake in a preheated oven at 220 C for 35 minutes.
Leave to cool on a wire rack.