Sweet soft rolls.
- – 500 g white bread flour
- – 1 teaspoon salt
- – 200 g milk
- – 20 g fresh yeast
- – 1 tablespoon sugar
- – 20 g butter
- – 2 small eggs
1. Mix the flour with the salt. make a well in the centre of the flour, crumble the yeast in the flour. Mix yeast and some of the flour with half of the milk.
Leave to rise for 15 minutes.
2. Add the sugar, butter, eggs and most of the remaining milk. Mix to a soft dough, add additional milk if too dry. Knead to a smooth ball (+- 3 minutes).
Leave to rise for 50 minutes to an hour.
3. Turn out the dough.
Divide into 16 parts.
Form each piece of dough in a small -not tight- ball.
To form the rolls:
- flatten each ball into an oval
- fold upper part to middle
- same with bottom part
- pinch seam together
Put the rolls on a greased baking tin.
4. Glaze the rolls with some milk 15 minutes before putting into the oven (when starting to pre-heat the oven)
5. Glaze the rolls a second time with some milk. Bake in a pre-heated oven at 200 C for about 20 minutes.
Leave to cool on a wire rack.