Wholemeal focaccia. Made with what remained of the organic wholemeal flours and added white bread flour to have a 700 g total.
- 200 g wholemeal organic pastry flour
- 150 g wholemeal bread flour
- 350 g white bread flour
- 400 g water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 20 g fresh yeast
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- some coarse sea salt.
1. Mix the flours in a bowl.
Make a well in the flour, add the salt on the edges. Crumble the yeast in the middle of the well with some of the flour (avoid the salt). Mix the yeast with 100 g of the water (and a little flour) to a paste. Cover the mixture with some flour and leave to rise for 15 minutes.
2. Add the the remaining water and two tablespoons olive oil. Mix to a soft but not too sticky dough. Turn out and knead for 2 minutes.
Leave to rise for 50 minutes.
3. Turn out and transfer to a greased (used olive oil) rectangular tin. Spread the dough to fill the entire tin (22×28).
Leave to rise for another hour.
3. Brush the dough with the remaining olive oil and sprinkle with the salt.
Bake for 30 minutes in a pre-heated oven at 190 C.
Leave the focaccia to cool on a wire rack.