Wholemeal bread with -brown- flaxseed.
- 400 g wholemeal flour (T150)
- 400 g white bread flour
- 4 heaped tablespoons flaxseed
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 20 g yeast
- 20 g lard (or butter)
- 500 g water
1. Mix flours, seeds and salt in a bowl.
Crumble the yeast in the flour. Add fat, water and mix to a quite firm dough.
Turn out on work surface and knead for 3 minutes.
Leave to rise for 1 hour
2. Turn out on a floured surface.
Form into 3 long loaves (sticks).
Leave to rise for 1 hour.
3. Bake in a pre-heated oven at 210 C for about 30 minutes.
Leave to cool on a wire rack.