Own multigrain mix rolls and bread.
- 100 g rolled oats
- 200 g water
- 800 g white bread flour
- 100 g wholemeal rye flour
- 3 tablespoons flaxseed
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 50 g wheat germs
- 40 g yeast
- about 450 g water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
1. Bring 200g water to the boil and cover the oats.
Leave to soak for 15-20 minutes.
2. Mix the flours, flaxseed, wheat germs and salt in a bowl.
Rub in the butter. Add the oats and mix.
Pour in most of the water and crumble the yeast. Mix to a rather sticky dough. The amount of water depends on the water absorbed by the oats.
Knead for 30 seconds and leave to rest for 10 minutes.
3. Spread 1 tablespoon of olive oil on the work surface and your hands.
Knead the dough again for 30 seconds or until all the olive oil is absorbed.
Leave to rest for another 10 minutes.
4. Repeat step 3. And leave the dough to rise until doubled in size. Goes quite fast (25-30 minutes), dough temperature is relatively high due to the oats mixture.
5. Turn out the dough.
Form the dough into rolls and a bread (or any other combination).
Leave to rise until doubled in size (40 minutes).
6. Bake in a preheated oven at 200 C for 22 minutes (rolls), 30 minutes for the bread.
Leave to cool on a wire rack.