Light rye bread.
- 550 g white bread flour
- 250 g coarse wholemeal rye
- 2 heaped tablespoons yoghurt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 20 g butter diced
- 450 g water
1. Mix the flours, salt, yoghurt and butter in a bowl.
Crumble the yeast in the flour. Add most of the water and start mixing. Add additional water if the dough is too dry. Turn out on a lightly floured surface.
Knead to a smooth ball.
Leave to rise for 1 hour until doubled in size.
2. Turn out on a floured surface.
Form into 2 loaves and put in greased baking tins. Tins should be about 2/3 filled.
Leave to rise until doubled in size, about 1 hour again.
3. Bake in a pre heated oven at 200 C for 32 minutes. Leave to cool on a wire rack.