Yum yum from “Brilliant Bread” by James Morton. original recipe here.
- 500g strong white bread flour
- 20 g fresh yeast (2 sachets (or 14g) fast action yeast)
- 8g salt
- 30g sugar
- 250g water
- 1 medium egg
- 100g unsalted butter, chilled and diced
- 120 g icing sugar (250 g icing sugar)
- 2 tbsp water (4tbsp water)
1. Put flour, salt and yeast in large bowl, mix. Add the yeast and crumble with a little flour.
Add the diced butter and lightly turn in the flour.
Cover the bowl with cling film and leave overnight in the fridge.
2. Turn out the dough (slightly risen) on floured working surface.
Form and roll out into a rectangle.
Fold in three parts .
roll out again in a rectangle. repeat 4 to 5 times until dough is smooth.
Cover with cling film and leave for 2 hours in the fridge.
3. Turn out on floured surface and roll out in long rectangle.
Cut into 10- 12 pieces.
Make a cut in each strip
twist the cuts into yum yum form ;-).
leave to rise for 1 hour.
4. Risen dough
Bake each piece in deep fat fryer at 170-180C. turn round after 3 minutes. Put on a wire rack and brush with the glaze (icing sugar mixed with some water).