- 500 g flour
- 25 g granulated sugar
- 10 g salt
- 2 eggs
- 20 g yeast
- 250 ml milk (room temperature)
- 250 g butter (room temperature)
- 350 g nib (pearl) sugar
- some incing sugar (confectioner’s sugar)
- Sift flour in a large blow or on work surface. Put the eggs in the middle, sugar and salt on the outside.
Add the milk (at room temperature) and the yeast in the middle.
Start mixing the dough using first eggs, milk and flour. Incorporate sugar and salt in the end. Turn out on work surface when all ingredients are about mixed.
Put the butter (room temperature) on top and knead it into the the dough until all are well mixed (very sticky to start).
After 5 minutes kneading dough should be soft & shiny butstill sticky.
leave to rest for at least 30 minutes.
2. After the dough has rested & risen. Knead the nib sugar into the dough (use a bowl to avoid having sugar all over the place).
Form pieces of about 80 g dough into buns and put on a plate. Recipe uses 100g.
Leave to rise for at least an hour, covered under a towel.
3. Pieces of dough should have about doubled in size.
Bake in a hot waffle iron for about 3 minutes. Each piece of dough can extra be covered with some icing sugar before baking.