A light spelt bread (use the remaining spelt flour).
- – 400 g white bread flour
- 300 g wholemeal spelt flour
- 400g water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 20 g fresh yeast
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
1. Mix flours and salt in a bowl.
Crumble the yeast in the flour. Add most of the water and the olive oil. Start mixing the flour and the liquid. If all well mixed turn out on a working sufrace.
Knead for about 5 minutes and return to a lightly greased bowl.
Leave to rise for 40 minutes or about doubled insize.
2. Turn out the dough on a lightly foured surface. Form into a loaf. Tried to add some sunflower seeds on top of the loaf. (spread seeds on working surface and roll top of bread in the seeds) Put the loaf on a greased our floured baking tin.
Leave to rise for 50 minutes.
3. Bake in a pre heated oven at 200C for 33 minutes.
When the bread is ready (tap underneath to check), put on wire rack to cool.
Remark: toasted sunflower seeds were excellent 🙂 but did not stick on the bread 😦